Company: Pernod Ricard UK
Location: Chiswick, London
What’s your role?
To assist the finance accounting team in providing support for its internal reporting requirements and statutory obligations.
What can you expect?
Here are just some of the things you can expect to get involved in:
- Supporting the financial reporting processes – e.g. preparing Structure Cost reports for the company (including conducting variance analysis versus prior year and budget); inputting into the cash forecasting process.
- Conducting key internal controls – e.g. Balance sheet reconciliation, maintaining the fixed assets register, preparing schedules for the external audit, coordinating the annual internal controls questionnaire.
- Preparing reports to fulfil our statutory reporting obligations – e.g. VAT return, PSA submission, company accounts.
- Monitoring the service level agreements and KPIs of our 3rd party Accounts Payable function.
- Supporting ad-hoc projects the finance accounting team is working on.
What’s in it for you?
Finance is at the heart of any business and this placement will provide an insight into how a finance department operates and its wider role in an organisation. You’ll build strong skills in excel and financial systems (such as JDE) and get an insight into the financial reporting, tax and internal controls of a large organisation. You’ll also get the chance to attend some of our fantastic corporate events to fully immerse yourself in our desirable brands. In return we’re looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, ambitious individual with great interpersonal skills.
What do we require?
- Be studying a recognised sandwich undergraduate degree
- Be studying a Finance undergraduate degree, or a Business Management undergraduate degree with a strong interest in Finance
- Be on track to achieve 2:1 or above
- Have a minimum of 300 UCAS points over three subjects at A Level (or equivalent)
- Have eligibility to unrestrictedly work and live in the UK for the duration of the placement
- Be available to work for 13 months (to cover the start and end of our financial year, a key time for the Finance team!)
Placements will commence in June/July 2020 for successful candidates, and will be based in our West London offices in Chiswick.
The question is… Have you got the bottle?
For further Details about Pernod Ricard, please visit http://pernod-ricard.com/
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.